Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Mistress's Revenge by Tamar Cohen


This month's selection was chosen by Rhoda R.  Rhoda chose two selections and we all voted.  We should not discount her other choice though.  Stiff, by Mary Roach.  I did not vote for this book- I've already read it, twice!!  It's a great book.  I know it sounds like it would be disgusting and gory.  Who reads books about cadavers?  It's actually very entertaining, informative and enjoyable!  If you finish this month's read a little early and are looking for something to read while waiting for the next selection, I recommend picking up Stiff and just giving it a try!

Now, onto this month!  The Mistress's Revenge.  I can't quite tell if this is a sinister, suspenseful novel or a dark comedy.  I guess that will come with reading it!  Please let me know if you are reading it.  I am always interested in everyone's take of our selections.  This one has been reviewed with similarities to Fatal Attraction- leads me to believe it is more on the sinister side!  I'm excited to read a suspenseful one!  Perfect to read close to Halloween!  Click on the link below to see the synopsis and a few of the reviews. 


Happy Reading!








2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out some of these books, they look like fun reads! :)

    ReplyDelete