Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Opportunity Knocks!


Hey Bookworms! I know we have just chosen a book for this month and scheduled the next meeting but I would like to talk about the next selection. Robin Nolet, author and friend extraordinaire, has offered to let us read her novel before official publication. For just the price of a couple of reviews- and the cost of the book of course! I know this is a stray from the usual method of selection, but I thought this would be a fun opportunity for us. She has offered to potentially join us for the book club meeting. The book being published is the second in the series but she assured me the book will stand alone. I do have one copy of the first in the series if anyone would like to borrow or it is available on Amazon I know. The first book is entitiled The Shell Keeper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005KTPOPW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502896935&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=the+shell+keeper+robin+nolet&dpPl=1&dpID=41LMDgfxWQL&ref=plSrch

Here is the link to Robin's blog (also found on the right hand side of this blog!) for more info about her upcoming novel- A Road Back to Grace
http://robinnolet.blogspot.com/

A word from Robin:
I'll try to get a couple print copies, and I think what I'm going to do is a 'soft release' where I offer it on Amazon for the first few days at 99 cents so that my 'Robin's Readers', of which I'd love to include your group, can get it cheaply and read early in the release period. 

fyi...if you have already read The Shell Keeper, you'll have more insight into what's happening with the characters, of course, but it is absolutely not necessary to have read the first book in the series in order to enjoy this one. I think it stands on it own just fine. And it's set in wine country...which seems right up the alley of Booze and Bookworm. :)

All I ask is that readers post an 'honest review' on Amazon, by which I mean they shouldn't feel compelled to glow over it, or even put more than a sentence or two, if they like. I don't ask for good or bad, I'm just happy to have all thoughts and opinions, and all help me with my book launch. 

If you don't already, you should all post reviews after you read a book. (on Amazon, Goodreads, etc.) As I say in the back pages of my book: Reviews are the grease that keep our little writing world moving...and they are pretty darned nice to have, either way. 

Well, hope this helps. Thank you very much for your interest in my book...I hope we can make it work, one way or another. 

Have a great day!
Robin ;)

So let me know your opinion about choosing this as our next book to read. Also, if you would like to recieve an email when a blog post is made, sign up on the right hand side of the blog by entering your email address. Happy reading Bookworms!

No comments:

Post a Comment