Sunday, July 10, 2011

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt



Hello fellow bookworms!!!  This is the first official post of the new club "Booze and Bookworms"!  I am so excited about creating this club and hope to share some good experiences from it!  With everyone's busy schedule, it is impossible to pick a date where everyone is not working, has child care, doesn't have to walk the dog, has the grocery shopping complete and is available to spend an afternoon with friends drinking froo froo umbrella drinks.  Thanks so much to Karen C. for this great blog idea.  Now, we can still all read the same book and discuss it...here or outside!  Just to clarify though, this is not a substitute for the once a month Tuesday afternoon meeting, where there will be umbrellas and libations!  I have never been in a book club before, so I'm not sure how to exactly run one, but we can all pitch in and learn together.  I had a suggestion from someone that instead of discussing every month within the group which book to read, we rotate and each month one person picks the book.  He noted that everyone has different tastes and you will probably end up picking up a book you never would have otherwise.  Perhaps whoever picks the book for the month can host the meeting.

That being said, I took it upon myself to pick the first book.  Saving CeeCee Honeycutt written by Beth Hoffman.  I tried to pick something fun and lighthearted for the first book, so hopefully the description isn't misleading.  So pick it up, download it to your e-reader, borrow it from the library....whatever, but start reading!!!!  Feel free to become a follower and leave comments.  In fact, I encourage them!  That's what this blog is meant for!!!

Meeting will be Tuesday, August 9th



9 comments:

  1. Sounds good, but what time will the meeting be on August 9th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aug 9th is when Matt and Lisa Sealander are back in town!! Fox and rhe Hound at 4:30!! Can we pick another Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people said that early afternoons would be best. Maybe we could meet and then move our party later to Fox and Hound?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So totally was not expecting Chapter 3! I mean I expected something...but wow! And don't tell anyone, but I kinda giggled at first. I mean I probably wouldn't have if we didn't see these kind of people all day every day, but anyway. . . Poor CeeCee. The part I guess we don't see is the impact mental illness has on the families... It's sad.
    Ok, back to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a wake up call Karen...we don't often think about what happens to people and their families when we send them out the door. Although, part of me kind of wishes that I could walk around in chiffon dresses and red shoes and be totally ok with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Everyone!

    I stumbled across your blog and just wanted to pop in, say hello and thank you for reading my novel Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. I hope y'all enjoy CeeCee's adventures!

    Happy summer,
    Beth Hoffman

    ReplyDelete
  7. A man named after a llama and great gaping vaginas....what kind of book did you pick for us Alison?????
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. My only criticism is that you didn't instruct us to buy a Costco size box of kleenex. I have already cried and laughed so much and I'm not to page 100 yet.
    The book makes me miss Georgia so much.
    How cool is the above comment from the author!!!
    Back to the book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't sure that kleenex was needed...I've never read it either! Am definitely pleased with the inaugural selection for our club! And tickled pink that Beth herself took her time to check in on us!! (Thanks for gracing our club with your presence Beth!) I will never look at a slug without giggling again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 10 hours to finish....uh..or start, the book! Can't wait to find out next months pick! And I promise to be there!

    ReplyDelete