Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

I hope all of you have been reading and enjoying the book.  I have only made it about half way through and I really like it.  While I was reading I realized that when I was in London and went to the Madame Tussaud Wax Museum I saw the "Sleeping Beauty" which is another name for the Du Barry which is the figure that Marie talks about in the beginning of the book.  My issue is trying to figure out how to load the picture on here.  Since I am not all that technical I don't know if I will be able to do it, but I would love to share it with all of you.  I guess I could just bring it with me when we have our meeting.

Speaking of which we need to start thinking of a time when we would like to get together.

Also, we can have a conference call with the author if we want.  She is usually available, according to her web site.  All we have to do is present her with three different dates and times and she will confirm with us which would be best for her.  If this is something you all might be interested in please let us know so that we can begin work on this.

If I figure out how to load the picture I will add it soon, until then keep reading and I hope you are all enjoying the book.

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Finally started reading it today. I'm 8% in. (reading it on my phone) I wasn't too sure about the selection at first and was trying to keep an open mind. I'm glad I did, i'm really enjoying it so far and the author has a way of describing it so you feel like you could be in the room watching everything take place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Jennifer! I can't wait to see your pictures! And I still think we had a great plan....book club in Vegas at the wax museum! I didn't realize what an art it really is. I love historical fiction and am about 3/4 of the way through the book and am absolutely loving it!!

    ReplyDelete